Changing Your Timeline
To modify your brain's storage of a negative memory, the following NLP visualization process, generally known as the timeline, has proved to be very effective.
You might want to record these instructions into an audio recording device and play them back when you do the process.
- Lie down comfortably and imagine floating up above your body.
- Continue floating upwards, above the room and above the building, until you are floating in outer space.
- Look downward and imagine being able to see your entire life as a line, a series of scenes that follow on from each other, perhaps like the gaps in a railroad track or the separate frames in a strip of photographic film.
- Locate a time in your life when you really needed help and it wasn't available. You might imagine one particular scene or create a general scene that represents that particular period of time.
- Float down towards that scene and see your younger self in that situation. Introduce yourself to him or her and ask your young self what resource he or she needs in order to create a new, more positive outcome.
- Find that resource in yourself or in a role model, and imagine yourself infusing it into your younger self.
- Watch events play out differently as the child draws on this new resource, making different decisions and adopting new behaviors.
Notice how one change can affect all events from that day forward.
- Remind your young self that you are always available, as a dream figure or as an imaginary friend, to help him or her whenever it's needed.
- Float back above the timeline, look down on your present-day self and gently return to your body.
Two of our mentors specialize in this technique, which was originally created by NLP co-developer Richard Bandler:
- Tad James wrote a popular book on timeline titled "Time Line Therapy And The Basis Of Personality". You can find a copy at Amazon.com.
- Chris Howard uses the timeline process very effectively in his free weekend seminar called
"Breakthrough To Success - Wealth & Power"
Disclaimer: This site is purely educational and we make no claims or guarantees with regard to the information presented. Please consult a certified NLP practitioner for individual coaching in the use of NLP techniques. We strongly advise consulting a financial industry professional before embarking on a wealth creation journey.
| How To Change Any Area Of Your Life
At Your Own Pace |
If there's something in your life that stops you from getting what you want, Michael Norman offers a simple way to eliminate it.
Click on this graphic to find out more:
| |Hypnosis Valuable Tool or Total Nonsense?Before you make up your mind, read what a British hypnotherapist has to say about this controversial approach to change.
Or click on this image to try it for yourself: