Here is our definition of smart goals:
|A||All Areas Of Your Life|
As If They're Happening Now
Towards What You Want
The smart goals strategies on this page will focus only on financial goals. Make sure you've done the life purpose
process before you create your goals list.
The goal setting processes are very simple and straight to the point.
The smart goals techniques work in 4 simple steps:
Smart Goals Technique 1: The Goal Setting Questions
- Identify your top financial goals.
- Put them in desired chronological order.
- Choose the first goal to go after.
- Set yourself up to achieve it (using the wealth mindset techniques).
Estimated time to complete - 1 hour.
Write down your answers to the following questions:
Smart Goals Technique 2: The 5 Outcome Questions
- What do you want?
Make an inventory of your financial goals.
- What is the most logical chronological order in which to pursue each goal?
Remember to think in small steps:
- The initial goal might be to set up your business on a small scale with a view to eventually replacing your current wage
- Phase 2 might be to expand your business to bring in a higher income
- Phase 3 might be going all out to earn your first million dollars
- Select the first goal.
- What compelling reasons do you have to attain this goal?
- What negative things will happen if you don't get it?
- What exciting things will you have when you do get it?
- Write these reasons beside your goal
Smart goals are fueled by strong emotions. If you aren't absolutely passionate about or inspired by your goal, you haven't picked the right one.
Click on the motivation strategies page before you go any further.
- What stops you from having this goal right now?
Make a list of the obstacles.
- What kind of person do you need to be to attain this goal?
What behaviors, attitudes, or beliefs are currently obstacles for you?
Make a list.
- What behavioral techniques will you employ to dismantle each obstacle?
Go through the list of wealth mindset techniques and select what you think might be the most useful.
Make a list of the top three.
- What behaviors do you absolutely require in order to achieve your goals?
Make a list.
Check to see how many of these are covered by the techniques you chose.
- Can you design a step-by-step plan to achieve this goal?
Perhaps this consists of following a how-to book, course or workshop on the subject of your new business or project.
Remember to include a weekly behavioral change session to keep your mind aligned to your goal.
After a certain point, your new behaviors will become automatic and unconscious and the momentum created will propel you towards your goal.
- Write the goal, along with the compelling positive and negative reasons to achieve it, on a large piece of paper and paste it above your desk.
Ask these questions about each goal you want:
Your Next Step:
- Is the goal stated in positive terms?
(e.g., I have a net worth of one million dollars versus I'm no longer poor)
- Is the goal as specific as possible?
What will you see, hear and feel when you've achieved the goal?
What is your projected completion date?
- Do you have an evidence procedure?
How will you know you've reached your goal?
What do you imagine will be the reactions of both yourself and other people?
- Is the goal under your control?
Is it initiated & maintained by you, not by other people?
- Is the outcome harmful to anyone?
How will it impact your relationships? Friends? Family?
If there are any negatives, do you have a solution?
Are you willing to let go of (or at least curtail contact with) people who might not approve of your success?
- The Goals Guy is an amazing web site that offers a wide range of goal-setting aids. Motivational author Brian Tracy said about one of their products, "This is the most remarkable, simple, and practical guide for ANYONE who wants to create the ideal life!" Download two free e-books from the home page.
- Two web sites that offer online support for achieving goals are My Goals and My Goal Manager.
- How To Set And Achieve A Goal offers two free chapters of their ebook.
- Master motivational speaker Jim Rohn features a wealth of goal-setting information on his popular web site.
- Review the Motivation page for some tips on staying focused.
- When you are clear on your goals, create a Treasure Map to help you visualize them.
- To read more about goal setting, check out these books on Amazon:
(If the Amazon box doesn't display any book titles, just click on your browser's "Refresh" button)
Disclaimer: This site is purely educational and we make no claims or guarantees with regard to the information presented. Please consult a certified NLP practitioner for individual coaching in the use of NLP techniques. We strongly advise consulting a financial industry professional before embarking on a wealth creation journey.
| How To Change Any Area Of Your Life
At Your Own Pace |
If there's something in your life that stops you from getting what you want, Michael Norman offers a simple way to eliminate it.
Click on this graphic to find out more:
| |Hypnosis Valuable Tool or Total Nonsense?Before you make up your mind, read what a British hypnotherapist has to say about this controversial approach to change.
Or click on this image to try it for yourself: